Was Atlantis a real place or just a fictional story? Where might it be located? Many have searched for the location of the lost city where a powerful civilization lived. But could they have been looking in the wrong place all this time? A recent report claims to have discovered the true location of Atlantis, and it’s nowhere near where you’d expect it to be!
How the story actually goes 1:38
The way the story was told 5:09
Theories that support the existence of Atlantis 6:08
Is the Richat Structure where Atlantis has been hiding? 7:58
How an “island” could be sitting in the desert 10:43
Bus Da Blockbuster - Doug Maxwell/Media Right Productions
Destination Unknown - Ugonna Onyekwe
Ladybug - Quincas Moreira
Light Years Away - Doug Maxwell
- The idea of Atlantis was conceptualized by the Greek philosopher Plato, who wrote about it in two of his works, Timaeus and Critias.
- Atlantis was an extraordinary island in the Atlantic Ocean. As for the main city located there, its peculiarity was that it had concentric rings that alternated between water and land. The city was beautifully designed, had extravagant architecture, was home to kings and a strong military force, and was overall a marvel to behold.
- In essence, the legend of Atlantis tries to show that Athens was the most powerful state. It’s a story about a small but peaceful city (Athens) that triumphs over a powerful but corrupt one (Atlantis).
- It was a tale that was passed down from generation to generation: from Egyptian priests, to Solon, to Critias’ grandfather, to Critias himself, and finally to Socrates. If the story was real, information is bound to be lost, misinterpreted, or changed in some way.
- There are some theories that support the existence of Atlantis. According to Robert Ballard, the ocean explorer who discovered the wreckage of the Titanic, the story of Atlantis makes sense because similar things have happened to other civilizations.
- If the island was real, there are so many theories about its original location. Some have said it existed under Antarctica, on the coast of Spain, or somewhere in the Mediterranean.
- The Richat Structure, casually known as the “The Eye of the Sahara,” is a circular formation in the Earth located in Northwest Africa, in the country of Mauritania. And if you look at pictures that depict what the city of Atlantis might’ve looked like and compare them to the Richat Structure, you can’t deny the similarities!
- Now, there are differing ideas on how to interpret ancient units of measurement, but most sources put one stadium equal to anywhere from 607 to 630 feet. So, do the math and 127 of those would be about 15 miles.
- To support this claim is the fact that the Richat Structure is deeply eroded, meaning that great amounts of water must have created the formations that currently stand. Pictures of the coastal area of the region show what looks like water formations going from the coast to where the Richat Structure now stands.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
For more videos and articles visit:
Absolutely, it was definitely an advance civilization that was in earth of the days of old. Many myth talk of an advance civilization or 2. Plus the eye of Sahara, we know parts of the Sahara was water so this theory is not out of the question. Plus is it a coincidence that some of the most powerful hurricanes come off the Africa coast and makes its way to the US thats parallel where The Eye of Sahara.
Jimmys video for Bright Insight started all this atlantis video hype. Granted it was originally a documentary for gia. But for those who dont pay for gia, aka everyone, jimmys video got this going. His channel is EXCELLENT.... By the way.... and he did his due diligence with this theory. Honestly the best yet....
Interesting concept. Has any one ever done actual foot work to find any evidence of past civilians that lived there? Any evidence of structures? I’d like to go see this place for myself. To bad the area is so remote and hard to access. Regardless of that someone should put time and effort into doing the research.
You trying to poke fun of independant thinkers by making fun of "who they is" is a scumbag move. Trying to stop people from indepently thinking is not what we need in modern society. The they is the individuals who meet at bilderberg every year. The they is the wealthiest individuals who pay for politicians campaigns. That's the they that set up 9/11 and profit off peoples misery.
Oh! by the way, one more important information, Altantis is not a city, its a league of Citys, that one was called Posaidons City. Also they had islands in the north west of Scotland, West of Ireland, and the Azores.
Hold. Plato took his ideas from Solon, and he did from Arran. But I guess you got no idea who was Solon, or perhaps you can find him, but sure you got no idea of Arran. Atlantis was real. It was the Ionians that did the fight, Athens was a colony of the Ionians, but not the most powerful, they still needed Gadelians as Police to their colony. Wow, you really need a History lesson man! Not so Bright Side
When the video mentioned "9, 000 years before plato", it lost credibility. why? because human history from adam to abraham was 14 generations, 2, 000 years, from Abraham to Jesus was 14 generations, another 2, 000 years, that's 4, 000 years now... then from Jesus to 2018 was another 14 generations, 2, 000 and 18 years now (2018), in total from Adam to our time was only 6, 000 years, even though the earth is already billion of years old the time of the dinosaurs and ice age, "HUMAN" history is only 6K years. there was no human during the pre-historic era. so to say "9,000 years before plato"? ok aquaman.
Bright insight and bright site sound synonymous enough and you're bitching about this being copying? What of the fact both of them and everyone else is copying secureteam10 who originally covered this?
"bright inside" sum all FACTS much better, and also visiting atlantis documentary talks about very interesting discoveries
The evidence supporting Atlantis story is overwhelming and it's a missing link (puzzle) to our ancient story
Sphinx water erosion evidence is overwhelming and it points to the end of the last ice age times (10 000 BC), and we must keep in mind water erosion like that is not created within few days, so we must add another thousands of years. So who build sphinx 20 000 BC?
Fascinating lecture about not only Bosnian pyramids (Osmanagić reported the structures date back 34,000 years) but pyramids in general, because people must realize pyramids were not just useless tombs
Evidence clearly suggest Great pyramid in Giza was actually water pump. As anyone can see in that article from my link, not only water erosion is evident in these subterranean section tunnels but small models made to recreate that subterranean section works like a water pump should, so it's not just a theory at this point.
That guy built a working model with the same design parameters as found in great pyramid
GÖBEKLI TEPE 12000 years ago
So let's sum it up everything, the evidence suggest Atlantis story was real, these people probably build not only pyramids in Giza, but also other pyramids and massive stone structures around the world like pyramid in Bosnia. Somewhere around 12000 BC great flood (why does nearly every culture have a tradition of a global flood? Because it really happened) destroyed Atlantis civilization, and people who survived colinized Summer and Egypt later on. Because of that global catastrophy humanity lost their ancient knowledge and had to start from scratch. The Emerald Tablets of Thoth explain Atlantis story, and date it back 39 000 years ago.
All the people who are obviously upset that no credit and this info was stolen or copied from Jimmy Jimmy . If you'd paid a little more attention this channel it's basically presenting information on the theory of this location being Atlantis. And also does not believe this is the location one way or the other. Also there is added information in this vidio that was not in Jimmy' s. Don't get me wrong Jimmy has a great channel and does good research. This theory is relatively a older one. Jimmy believes this to be the location and did a good job at presenting the evidence at hand. This channel is not claiming this to be his theory and simply asks"they say they found Atlantis" so chill out.
If so then it's time to dig out there and find out. Would be interesting cause it also looks like a crater and maybe possible used for Atlantis. But we only would know so if and when we actually dig there.
This is the most believable theory & fool proof evidence I have ever seen and it fits perfectly with the claims of Plato literature & Edgar Cayce with his pre 1965 "under the right paw of the Sphinx". I guarantee it is the Lost City. Take a real good look at the sand at the southerly point of the structure. Looks like a right paw to me without any mild or extreme stretch of the imagination.
There is a lot more information that supports this theory. I'm usually sceptical but at the same time everyone thought Troy was a myth until someone found it. We won't really know until someone seriously tries to excavate this sight.
Well, by definition, a myth has true events in them. Therefore, even if it's a myth... yes, there are realistic aspects about it.
Not that I necessarily believe this is Atlantis, however, I have seen other videos that shows A LOT more compelling evidence then what you indicate...so yes, this could be Atlantis... your video ONLY introduces 2 minor aspects and finishes off by hinting that it's not really it...and I quote: "... there is no hard evidence..."
In reality... there are many evidences... little confused as to why you made this video if you dont believe it.
For me, I dont know what to believe really... but I did really make a video about it lol
My kingdom for your Bee Saving Paper says the queen. This biodegradable paper becomes an “energy drink” for bees. To attract them, the paper contains a paste made from the same form of energy-rich glucose that beekeepers use during the … Read More.
A Futuristic Self-Contained Eco-Village of Homes Enclosed in Greenhouses.
Imagine living in a self-sustaining eco-village of homes enclosed in greenhouses?
A new community in the Netherlands will harness the latest technologies to create a closed-loop system that will produce its own solar and biogas power, grow organic vegetables,
New High-Tech Air Conditioned Jackets Keep Japanese Gardeners Cool in Summer Heat.
Excessive heat can cause both plants and gardeners to wilt. While a hat and a wet bandana can help during the hot summers months, some gardeners are keeping cool with new high-tech air-conditioned jackets.
In Kagoshima, Japan, scorching summer temperatures … Read More.
Hive Five for Largest Solar Farm Apiary in America.
The largest solar farm apiary in America will come alive at Old Sol Apiaries in Oregon, with 48 hives arriving on the site just in time for National Pollinator Week, June 18-22.
Old Sol’s founder, John Jacob, says that the … Read More.
Farmerettes: Women Who Farmed and Gardened for Victory.
They were known as “farmerettes”–the hard working women on the home front who mobilized by the thousands to fill agricultural labor shortages during the First and Second World Wars. On big farms and in small Victory Gardens, they challenged conventional … Read More.
26 Last Minute Home and Garden Mother’s Day Gifts.
It’s not too late to celebrate your cultivated Mom with these last minute Mother’s Day gardening gifts for the gardener!
1. Monticello Gardener’s Gift Basket From the shop of Thomas Jefferson’s plantation residence, Monticello, comes this artfully arranged keepsake basket … Read More.