The Magic - Day 23
First off, the message in this chapter really speaks to me again because recently I have been having some struggles in the breathing and pain department due to pleurisy. I know it's only temporary but it certainly makes you appreciate the magic air you breathe even more. We all seem to take it for granted until there comes a time where you can't breathe like when you have a cold or worse in some cases.
That being said, let us all begin to practice more and more gratitude for even the simplest of things, especially for life and breath. It's truly a gift that we should be extremely thankful for!
"It is quite possible to leave your home for a walk in the early morning air and return a different person- beguiled, enchanted." ~Mary Ellen Chase (1887-1973) Educator and Writer
Magic Practice Number 23:
The Magical Air That You Breathe
1) Count Your Blessings: Make a list of ten blessings. Write why you're grateful. Reread your list, and at the end of each blessing say thank you, thank you, thank you, and feel as grateful for that blessing as you can.
2) Five times today, stop and think about the glorious air you breathe. Take five deliberate breaths, and feel the feeling of the air moving inside your body, and feel the joy of breathing it out.
3) After you have taken the five breaths, say the magic words: Thanks you for the magical air that I breathe. Be as grateful as you can for the precious, life-giving air that you breathe.
4) Just before you go to sleep tonight, hold your Magic Rock in one hand, and say the magic words, thank you, for the best thing that happened during the day.
Connect with us on facebook @ http://facebook.com/brianandfeliciawhite
The Magic - Day 23
I'm so grateful that you shared this with us even through your illness. I'm so glad it was only temporary but it makes it a greater gift that you shared with us while you were struggling. Thanks so much!
Aww sweet of you to say! Yes sometimes we have to fight through tough times as we ALL have them from time to time, but when we show ourselves and the world we can be unstoppable... we ALL win! Appreciate your kind words and support immensely Stephanie! :)
My kingdom for your Bee Saving Paper says the queen. This biodegradable paper becomes an “energy drink” for bees. To attract them, the paper contains a paste made from the same form of energy-rich glucose that beekeepers use during the … Read More.
A Futuristic Self-Contained Eco-Village of Homes Enclosed in Greenhouses.
Imagine living in a self-sustaining eco-village of homes enclosed in greenhouses?
A new community in the Netherlands will harness the latest technologies to create a closed-loop system that will produce its own solar and biogas power, grow organic vegetables,
New High-Tech Air Conditioned Jackets Keep Japanese Gardeners Cool in Summer Heat.
Excessive heat can cause both plants and gardeners to wilt. While a hat and a wet bandana can help during the hot summers months, some gardeners are keeping cool with new high-tech air-conditioned jackets.
In Kagoshima, Japan, scorching summer temperatures … Read More.
Hive Five for Largest Solar Farm Apiary in America.
The largest solar farm apiary in America will come alive at Old Sol Apiaries in Oregon, with 48 hives arriving on the site just in time for National Pollinator Week, June 18-22.
Old Sol’s founder, John Jacob, says that the … Read More.
Farmerettes: Women Who Farmed and Gardened for Victory.
They were known as “farmerettes”–the hard working women on the home front who mobilized by the thousands to fill agricultural labor shortages during the First and Second World Wars. On big farms and in small Victory Gardens, they challenged conventional … Read More.
26 Last Minute Home and Garden Mother’s Day Gifts.
It’s not too late to celebrate your cultivated Mom with these last minute Mother’s Day gardening gifts for the gardener!
1. Monticello Gardener’s Gift Basket From the shop of Thomas Jefferson’s plantation residence, Monticello, comes this artfully arranged keepsake basket … Read More.